CVC Statement of Belief
We believe in the divine, verbal inspiration of the Scriptures, the doctrine of the Trinity, the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, the fall of man, his consequent moral depravity and his need for regeneration, the atonement of our sins through the blood of Christ, the bodily resurrection of the dead (the just to eternal life, the unjust to eternal punishment), the true church composed of born-again believers, the ministry of the Holy Spirit, the personality of Satan, and the personal return of Christ.
The 5 Solas of the Reformation
We confess the historic, orthodox Christian faith as found in Holy Scripture. We affirm the 5 Solas of the Reformation in our preaching and teaching.
- Scripture Alone – We confess the Scriptures to be completely infallible and inerrant in the original autographs, and to be the only source of written divine revelation. To this we submit and bind our consciences. All that is necessary for salvation is to be found in this sufficient divine revelation. We endeavor by God’s grace to conform our lives to the authority and teaching of the Bible.
- Christ Alone – We acknowledge that without the righteousness of Christ imputed to us in justification we must be lost and perish in our sins. This makes Christ and his sacrificial death fundamental and vital to our salvation. We confess that Jesus died for his people. He is their mediator which function he demonstrates in the offices of Prophet, Priest and King.
- Grace Alone – We confess that salvation is by grace alone through faith. We confess the irresistible drawing power of the Holy Spirit in effectual calling bringing us to Christ resulting in regeneration. We deny any part of so-called free will as having a part in our salvation. We are sustained always by God’s free grace.
- Faith Alone – We confess that faith is a gift of God and not from us. The result of faith is that we are justified before God and by God alone. The righteousness of Jesus alone satisfies divine justice for us.
- To God Alone be the Glory – All that God does and has done is for his Glory. He alone is sovereign. Our redemption is accomplished and applied to us solely by the power of God. As sinners saved by grace, it is our duty and delight to submit to this God, and to praise him for all that he is and has done.
Evangelical Free Church of America
As a member of the Evangelical Free Church of America, CrossView Church subscribes to the EFCA Statement of Faith, which was adopted in 2008.